The other day I was looking through the App Store and noticed that my reviews for some apps needed to be updated. Instead of having to search for individual apps, I wanted an easy way to see and manage all the reviews I had ever left. As it turns out, not only can you view and edit App Store reviews easily, you can even delete them altogether if you need to. Here’s how:
How to edit App Store reviews on iPhone and iPad
Editing App Store reviews doesn’t get any easier, and can be done directly from the App Store app:
- Launch the App Store app and find the app you’d like to edit your review for.
- Tap on the Ratings option just as you would to leave a new review.
- Your current review will automatically populate. Just change the star rating and review to reflect your current opinion and then tap Send.
How to view and delete App Store reviews on iPhone and iPad
Any app review you’ve left for any app, pretty much ever, can be found inside your iTunes account settings. This is where you can view and even delete App Store reviews directly from your device:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on iTunes and App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the very top and choose the View Apple ID option in the popup window.
- Type in your password when prompted.
- Tap on Ratings and Reviews.
- Find the review you want to delete and swipe left to reveal a delete option.
- You will see a message confirming that your review will be removed.
It’s a rare occasion I’ve ever needed to actually delete an App Store review, but I do like that I can see and manage all of them in one place. If anything, I like to make sure I’ve left positive reviews for apps I depend on regularly, and leave constructive (and helpful) reviews for apps that need improvement.