The Reminders app that comes with every iPhone and iPad is simple to use yet still offers more advanced features, such as recurring tasks. These are great for times when you want to set up certain reminders that you may have to remember to do on a daily, weekly, or even custom schedule. Here’s how:
How set up recurring reminders on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Reminders app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Enter a title for your reminder as you normally would.
- Tap the info button to the right of your new reminder.
- Turn On the option for Remind me on a day.
- Choose when you want to be reminded and then tap Repeat.
- From here you can choose many options, including Custom.
- Set the desired frequency (E.g. Daily), then choose Every.
- You will now be able to set how often you want to be reminded (E.g. every 2 days etc…)
That’s all you need to do to start creating recurring Reminders on iPhone and iPad. You may not get as many options as some other third party apps offer, but for most people, most of the time, the Reminders app should get the job done.
If you need something more powerful for recurring reminders, we’d recommend checking out Due.