Stories are a new addition to Instagram, and have become a great way to share what is going on in your day, or to see what the people you follow are up to.
When you launch Instagram, you’ll now see the Stories of everyone you follow at the top of your regular feed. Stories allows you to take photos or video, add text or handwriting, and share in a very intuitive fashion. If you’re familiar with Snapchat’s Stories feature, Instagram’s will look very similar to you.
You may not want everyone to see your story however, and luckily Instagram has implemented a feature that lets you hide your Story from select people who are following you. Here’s how to enable that feature:
How to hide your Instagram Stories from select people
- On the main Instagram screen tap on the profile icon in the lower right.
- Then, tap on the settings icon in the top right.
- Once you’re in the main settings screen, tap on Story settings
- Then, tap on Hide story from
- You can now tap the circle next to each person you follow to hide your story from them
What’s your Instagram story include?
I’ve enjoyed sharing my day via Stories, and I like seeing what the people I follow are up to in a real life setting, rather than seeing just still images.
What have you been including in your Instagram story? Let me know in the comments below!