There are many fantastic task management apps on the App Store right now. I currently use Todoist, and while I manage a ton of different projects and tasks in Todoist, one thing I don’t want clogging up that app is my grocery list.
Apple’s stock Notes app has gotten a lot of love over the past few iOS iterations, and one of the best features of the app is the ability to create checklists. Rather than downloading a whole separate app for your grocery list, you can make one quickly right from an app you may already be using.
Another benefit of using Notes for your grocery list is that the app syncs across all of your devices. You can start your list on your iPad in the kitchen, and pick it up on your iPhone before you head out for the store. Here’s how to quickly make grocery lists in Notes.
How to easily make grocery lists in Notes
- Open the Notes app and tap on the pencil and paper icon in the lower right of your screen to create a new note.
- Title your note so you can recognize it later at a glance.
- Tap the plus button on the middle right section of your screen. This will open up a number of options for your note.
- Tap on the icon that looks like a checkmark.
- Now you can start entering your items and they will have a small circle to the left of each item to check off once you’ve bought it.
- If you’d like to share the list with a friend or family member, simply tap the person icon with a plus to share it.
Alternatively, you can start a new note and start typing your items right away. Once you’re done typing your items on separate lines, hold down on the screen and select all the items. Then, click on the checkmark button to make those items a checklist like we did above.
As you can see, this task list feature in Notes can be used for any to do list, making the app extremely powerful.
What do you use for your grocery lists?
Do you use Notes or a 3rd party app for your grocery lists/to dos? Let me know in the comments section below!