One of the most read articles on the App Factor has been this one, which shows how to add music to your Snaps for your Snapchat story. Snapchat isn’t the only game in town if you want to share your day socially. Instagram implemented a similar feature called Stories, and has been adding more and more new features ever since.
Lots of folks have asked how to add music to their Instagram Stories. Thankfully, Instagram won’t cut off your phone’s audio while you record a video, which is the key to making this tip work. The other aspect that’s important is timing. As soon as you press record on Instagram, it’ll start listening not only to you, but to whatever music is playing from your phone.
Here’s a step by step breakdown of how to get music into your Instagram Stories.
- Open your music app of choice and select the song you want to use.
- Queue up the section of the song you’d like to play by using the time bar and then press pause. If you’d like to time it just right, try a second or two before the point you’d like to use in the song.
- Open up the Instagram app and tap the camera icon in the upper left to open up the camera for Stories.
- Bring up Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of your screen. Then, swipe left to open music preferences, and tap Play.
- Quickly close Control Center, and start your recording inside of Instagram.
- Tap the plus icon to add the video to your Instagram Story.
That’s it! One thing I’ve noticed is that you’ll want to keep an eye on where your finger is when you’re holding your phone and recording. The music you’re trying to record is coming from your phone, so if your finger is covering the lower speaker, it might sound a little washy.
What song will you add to your Instagram Story?
Whether you use Instagram or Snapchat, using the stories feature is a lot of fun. Using a song in your Story is sure to make it pop when someone’s viewing it. What song will you add to your Story? Let me know in the comments section below!