Snapchat has been blowing up with popularity these days. Many people I know aren’t even using it for sending pictures back and forth to each other, but are instead using it to chronicle their day using the Stories feature. Like its predecessors such as YouTube and others, people now can become Snapchat “celebrities”.
One of the most interesting ways to spruce up a snap is to have some good music playing in the background. In versions past, you wouldn’t be able to add music to your snaps because the starting of a recording would mute whatever audio was playing on your phone. About a year ago Snapchat added the feature to allow audio to play while you’re recording.
I’m going to show you just how to do this below. Timing is crucial here, because Snapchat will start recording whatever audio is playing on your phone as soon as you hit record. This is why we’ll queue up just the right section before recording our snap.
- Open up your music streaming app of choice and select a song
- Pick the section of the song you want to play by using the time bar, and then press pause
- Open up the Snapchat app
- Bring up the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of your screen and press Play in the music section
- Close Control Center and start recording your snap inside of Snapchat
- Post your new snap with music to your Story or send to a friend
- Note that the volume of the music is dependent upon how loud your iPhone volume is. The louder the volume, the louder it will be in your snap.
What song are you going to add to your next snap?
Snapchat is a lot of fun, and you can make it your own by adding some great music behind your snaps, like a soundtrack to your day. What song will you add next?