I remember talking to Mateus Abras (developer of SoundShare) and hearing the joy in his voice when reminiscing about how he and his father used to trade tales of their favorite tracks and how he wanted that type of connection online.
I was initially interested in SoundShare because I had been using Apple Music for the past couple of months and missed the collaborative playlists feature from Spotify, which I had used for years. SoundShare gives you the superpower to combine playlists no matter what music service you or your friends are on, whether that be Apple Music, Spotify or Deezer.
In the SoundShare app you can create playlists, see what your friends are listening to, and comment on their activity. With things like Connect and Ping missing the mark completely, SoundShare was a breath of fresh air.
In this post I’m going to show you how I made a playlist by using the handy share extension in both Apple Music and Spotify.
How to collaborate and share Spotify playlists with SoundShare
- Create a new Playlist in SoundShare by pressing Add New Playlist under the Me tab in SoundShare.
- In Spotify press on the Share button next to the song you’d like to add.
- Press the Share button on the menu, which will bring up Post or Send To.
- Choose the Post To… option.
- Finally use the SoundShare share extension (you will need to turn this on if it’s not on already) and choose your playlist.
How to collaborate and share Apple Music playlists with SoundShare
- While listening to a song press the “…” button on the bottom right of the song screen.
- Then press the Share button.
- Tap Share Song.
- Tap on the SoundShare extension and finally add the song to the playlist you made.
If I wanted to add more collaborators to this playlist inside of SoundShare I would press the + button and then enter the name of a friend to collaborate with.
SoundShare is becoming the social network for music that Apple Music and Spotify are sorely missing.
If you have any great SoundShare playlists up for sharing, let me know in the comments!
- Free – Download